susan in Japan

susan in Japan

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Japan, I love thee!




Veronica and Charis - Philippina's - V's b-day, wonderful women. They're a blessing.

Many streets look similar to this.
I find it hard to eat Canadian food now.
on my doorstep
view from my dorm window! I live with 3 other ladies. Love 'em.

I love Japan! I have been here now for one week, and I just really..I find it all so intriguing. I love the "newness" of it all. I'm sure there will be days when I wish things were more "Canadian", but today is just not that day! I have been getting settled in, learning different cultural things, trying to pick up on some of the language, and getting a feel for how classes work. - I start teaching tomorrow morning, and I'm pretty stoked. A little anxious, but stoked none the less. So..keep praying, my friends. God bless, and goodbye from my end of the ocean...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan! I love how you express yourself and your journey in writing! The pics are fantastic and creatively capture the streets, view & of course your new best friend - your bike! Have you named it yet? or is it a "she"?
    I'd love to blog.
    You've inspired me...I think I'd title mine "Missionary Mom in urban Ministry" or something like that!
    God bless you and guide every step you take & word you learn and funny dumpling you eat!
    Love ya,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete